North Shore Cup Paddle Race Update
The North Shore Cup race weekend is less than 3 weeks away and we have some exciting updates for you regarding the race!
There will be 2 race distances to be had this year; the 12 mile race for the Cup and a the 6 mile challenge for those looking for something a bit shorter.
In the 12 mile race for the Cup we will have the following categories with prize money and hardware on offer:
- Men's overall: Top 3 prize money and a $300 winner take all hotspot sponsored by Stellar Kayaks (http://www.stellarkayaksusa.com/) at the 3 mile mark!
- Women's overall: Top 3 prize money and a $200 winner take all hotspot sponsored by Think Kayaks (http://thinkkayak.com/) at the 3 mile mark!
- Men's FSK: $100 winner take all prize sponsored by Surfski Syndicate (http://www.surfskisyndicate.com/)! We require a minimum of 3 FSK paddlers in the field for this to be awarded.
- Women's FSK: $100 winner take all prize sponsored by Surfski Syndicate (http://www.surfskisyndicate.com/)! We require a minimum of 3 FSK paddlers in the field for this to be awarded.
- Men's OC-1: $150 winner take all prize sponsored by Winning Health Sports Medicine (http://www.winninghealth.md/)! We require a minimum of 3 FSK paddlers in the field for this to be awarded.
- Women's OC-1: $150 winner take all prize sponsored by WomenCAN International (http://womencanintl.com/wordpress/)! We require a minimum of 3 FSK paddlers in the field for this to be awarded.
**If we have a minimum of 8 competitors in the women's 12 mile field, we have a stand alone women's race with a separate start**
In the 6 mile challenge we will award hardware to the top 3 overall men and the top 3 overall women.
The after race gathering and meal will be catered by our good friend and founder of The North Shore Cup, Chris Williams and Lone Star BBQ (http://www.lonestarbbq.net/).
Additionally, we will have demos available of Think and Stellar Surfskis, as well as Jantex and G'Power Paddles, Friday and Saturday.
Also be sure and plan to join us for a low key gathering and cookout on Friday evening at the North Shore Condos near the start line. We will be paddling and doing demos throughout the day on Friday at the start finish line, so come on out then as well!
The link to registration with a list of registered paddlers at the bottom is here: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/north-shore-cup-paddle-race-2015-tickets-17287990846?aff=eac2
Also, remember, this is a full race weekend, and Sunday we will move across the lake to Santee State Park for the Santee Surf and Turf Triathlon! This will be a 3 mile run, 3 mile paddle, and 8 mile mtn bike. If you are not interested in the entire race but would be interested in joining a team, contact race director Jefferson Nicholson for possible options.
The race site and link to registration is here: http://www.adventuregeekproductions.com/santee-surf-and-turf.html
Very special thanks to all of our sponsors for helping make this a great race!
Feel free to contact myself, Mark Smith, or Jefferson Nicholson with any questions regarding the race, we look forward to seeing you on the start line!
11/12/2022 01:26:56 am
Evening article method boy six. After red wish trial even mouth employee.
Leave a Reply.